The Touch TENS uses TENS (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation) to relieve pain by a) helping the body to release natural painkillers (called endorphins) and b) by blocking pain signals to the brain.
The Touch TENS is simplistic in design, portable and includes 8 preset programs specifically designed to provide safe and effective pain relief at the touch of a button.
The iSock Kit allows the stimulation of the Touch TENS unit to pass throughout the foot - improving blood flow, mobility and providing pain relief throughout the foot.
Used in conjunction with the Touch TENS, the iSock can help with the relief of Arthritis, Diabetic Neuropathy, Plantar Fasciitis, Raynaud’s Syndrome and other chronic pain conditions in the foot.
Key features of the Touch TENS include:
- Program Timer – allows the user to follow a specific treatment plan with ease. Session times of 20, 40 and 60 minutes can be enabled
- Open Circuit Detection – detects if the electrode pads are not correctly connected to your body, automatically resetting the strength setting to zero, eradicating any sudden changes of intensity if the connection is re-established
- Comfortable stimulation - provides gentle TENS stimulation with 60 steps of intensity
- Automatic Keypad lock – automatic keypad locking if the unit remains unused for 30 seconds to prevent any accidental changes in settings
Key features of the iSock include:
- Soothes aches with a warming sensation
- Improves circulation and bloodflow
- Relaxes joints
- Reduces inflammation
- Relieves pain
- Improves mobility
The iSock is washable by hand in warm water and should be dried naturally.
Touch TENS Technical Specifications:
CAUTIONS & WARNINGS
If you are in any doubt about any of these warnings please consult your medical adviser.
If being used for pain management for Diabetic Neuropathy or other conditions where there is reduced or no sensory sensation then there is a small risk that reduced or uneven electrical contact may cause irritated or broken skin. Care needs to be taken to monitor the skin condition under the garment at frequent intervals.
Do Not Use TENS:
• If you have a heart pacemaker or have a heart rhythm problem.
TENS in the direct vicinity of a pacemaker may affect some models. If TENS is applied on the front of the neck this can affect your heart rate. Very strong TENS across the chest may cause an extra heartbeat.
• If you have epilepsy TENS may affect seizure threshold.
• During the first three months of pregnancy
It is not known whether TENS may affect foetal development.
• On the abdomen in the later stages of pregnancy.
Stop using immediately if you experience unexpected contractions.
• When driving, operating machinery, or similar actions needing fine control loose pads, damaged leads, or sudden changes in contact may cause brief involuntary muscle movements.
• To mask or relieve undiagnosed pain may delay diagnosis of progressive condition.
• Observe caution when using TENS at the same time as being connected to monitoring equipment with body worn electrode pads.
It may interfere with the signals being monitored.
• Strong electromagnetic fields (electrosurgery/microwave cookers/mobile phones) may affect the correct operation of this unit.
If it appears to behave unusually, move it away from these devices.
• Use caution following recent surgical procedures stimulation may disrupt the healing process.
Do Not place electrode pads:
• On broken skin The pads could encourage infection.
• On skin which does not have normal sensation.
If the skin is numb, too great a strength may be used, which could result in skin inflammation.
• On the front of the neck
This could cause the airway to close, giving breathing problems. May cause sudden drop in blood pressure (vasovagal response).
• Over the eyes. May affect eyesight or cause headaches.
• Across the front of the head Effect on patients who have had strokes or seizures is not known. May affect sense of balance. The effects of stimulation of the brain are unknown.
• Near malignant tumours In vitro experiments have shown that electricity can promote cell growth.
• Ignore any allergic reaction to the electrode pads.
If a skin irritation develops stop using TENS and try a different type of electrode. Alternative pads specially made for sensitive skin are available. Pads supplied have no measurable latex content.
Also Do Not :
• Immerse your TENS unit in water or place it close to excessive heat. It may cease to operate correctly.
• Attempt to open up the TENS unit. This will invalidate the guarantee.
• Mix old, new or different types of batteries.
• Use this device leads, electrodes, and accessories other than those recommended by the manufacturer. Performance may vary from specification and will invalidate the product warranty.