The Sports TENS 2 unit uses TENS and EMS to provide muscle and nerve stimulation for muscle toning, pain relief and rehabilitation.
TENS (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation) relieves pain by a) helping the body to release natural painkillers (called endorphins) and b) by blocking pain signals to the brain.
EMS (Electrical Muscle Stimulation) provides intensive muscle contraction in order to react with specific nerves supplying a particular muscle group.
Key features of the Sports TENS 2:
The Sports TENS 2 is a powerful fitness and performance muscle stimulator for body toning, shaping, beauty and relaxation. It has TENS settings to relieve pain due to injury and over-training. Gentle massage is provided for relaxation and de-stressing.
The Sports TENS 2 is flexible enough to help with all stages of training and recovery. It has 27 EMS programs, 10 TENS programs, 10 massage programs and 8 user defined programs enabling you to experiment and save your favourite settings – unrivalled performance for a product of this size and price.
Sufficient memory for a 30-day exercise program compromising of 3 uses a day. The memory records usage time and average intensity used. For training, this enables you to keep an exercise diary. For rehabilitation and pain relief, it offers an objective treatment record.
- Li-on Battery - rechargeable, lightweight and compact for great mobility
- External Charger included – including a unique locking lead connection and built-in cable tidy
- Backlit LCD screen - for clearer visibility
- Comfortable strength control – steadily increase the level of intensity to suit your needs
CAUTIONS & WARNINGS
If you are in any doubt about any of these warnings please consult your medical adviser.
Do Not Use TENS or EMS:
• If you have a heart pacemaker or have a heart rhythm problem.
TENS in the direct vicinity of a pacemaker may affect some models. If TENS is applied on the front of the neck this can affect your heart rate. Very strong TENS across the chest may cause an extra heartbeat.
• If you have epilepsy TENS may affect seizure threshold.
• During the first three months of pregnancy
It is not known whether TENS may affect foetal development.
• On the abdomen in the later stages of pregnancy.
Stop using immediately if you experience unexpected contractions.
• When driving, operating machinery, or similar actions needing fine control loose pads, damaged leads, or sudden changes in contact may cause brief involuntary muscle movements.
• To mask or relieve undiagnosed pain may delay diagnosis of progressive condition.
• If you are suffering from acute, feverish or infectious diseases
• Observe caution when using TENS at the same time as being connected to monitoring equipment with body worn electrode pads.
It may interfere with the signals being monitored.
• Strong electromagnetic fields (electrosurgery/microwave cookers/mobile phones) may affect the correct operation of this unit.
If it appears to behave unusually, move it away from these devices.
• Use caution following recent surgical procedures stimulation may disrupt the healing process.
Do Not place electrode pads:
• On broken skin The pads could encourage infection.
• On skin which does not have normal sensation.
If the skin is numb, too great a strength may be used, which could result in skin inflammation.
• On the front of the neck
This could cause the airway to close, giving breathing problems. May cause sudden drop in blood pressure (vasovagal response).
• Over the eyes. May affect eyesight or cause headaches.
• Across the front of the head Effect on patients who have had strokes or seizures is not known. May affect sense of balance. The effects of stimulation of the brain are unknown.
• Near malignant tumours In vitro experiments have shown that electricity can promote cell growth.
• Ignore any allergic reaction to the electrode pads.
If a skin irritation develops stop using TENS and try a different type of electrode. Alternative pads specially made for sensitive skin are available. Pads supplied have no measurable latex content.
Also Do Not :
• Immerse your TENS unit in water or place it close to excessive heat. It may cease to operate correctly.
• Attempt to open up the TENS unit. This will invalidate the guarantee.
• Mix old, new or different types of batteries.
• Use this device leads, electrodes, and accessories other than those recommended by the manufacturer. Performance may vary from specification and will invalidate the product warranty.